Ballast is a construction material that applies in all projects. It is as a result of gravel rocks shaped into suitable sizes to suit the requirement. It is not formed by just any old rocks. The rock must meet some requirement qualify as a gravel rock.
Types of gravel rocks.
Granite rocks: It has to be mined before being taken to a quarry for crushing. They are very hard and hence cannot be crushed with pressure. They are also very attractive making them suitable for driveways and walking paths.
Limestone and dolomite: The two minerals are found together. They also need to be crushed into smaller pieces to form gravel. It is allowed to use mix the two during constructions.
Crimsons gravel: It is naturally occurring in mixed colors that include pale inks, reds, and blacks. This is one of the factors that contribute to its wide use as a decorative material.
The worry of where and how to find such gravel has been well taken care of by Truckers Kenya. They are well equipped and exposed to the field of construction materials, so you need not to worry.
Common uses of ballast
In case of an over estimate in gravel, no need to throw it away. There are a million uses of gravel am sure you would love.
- Strengthens buildings foundations. This is achieved by mixing cement, sand water and ballast proportionally.
- Colored gravel is very attractive if added into an aquarium. The beautiful colors add life to your aquarium
- Slip-free floors. This is best achieved by using river stones. Such floors are suitable for bathrooms and near sinks.
- Mini walls for gardens. Ballast is eye catching in making small flower gardens fences in a compound.
- This being a digital world, Truckers Kenya has brought ballast and other construction materials a phone call away. We do the search for constructors and transport it in time to required destinations within East Africa. We charge reasonable prices and for the best quality and quantity. Fill the inquiry form below to get a quotation. You can contact us through the above telephone numbers, through Facebook or twitter.